Wild Boar Popovers with Tomato Sauce
Preparation time: Less than 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 to 30 mins
For the popovers
• 2 wild boar sausages, each cut into 5 pieces
• 5 tbsp vegetable oil
• 100g/4oz plain flour
• 2 medium eggs
• 300ml/½ pint full fat milk
• A splash of water
• Freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce
• 400g/14 ½oz can tomato fillets
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Pour one tsp vegetable oil into ten muffin holes of a muffin tin.
3. Place the muffin tray in the oven to heat the oil.
4. In a small frying pan, heat the remaining oil.
5. Fry the sausages for 2-3 minutes, to seal.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs, milk and water, to form a batter. Season.
7. Carefully remove the muffin tray from the oven.
8. Using tongs, place a piece of sausage into each muffin hole.
9. Divide the batter between the muffin holes.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until risen and cooked through.
11. Pop tomatoes in a pan and bring to simmering point.
12. Stir in vinegar and simmer for 5-6 mins.